A mountain village in the province of Novara, situated on the border of the Verbano-Cusio-Ossola area, whose territories are located on the Western shore of Lake Orta. The town features a spectacular landscape, with a superb panorama of the small port and the nearby island of San Giulio. Departure point for excursions between the surrounding environment, enriched by the presence of lake and woods with a direct contact with the local art and history. The local inhabitants are also famous for the production of excellent food specialties and fine wines. Besides tourism, the economy is based on industrial production, well known for its processing of water taps and plumbing devices.
The area was inhabited since ancient times, as evidenced by the discovery of a stone bowl, almost certainly with religious significance, dating from the IV century B.C. The discovery of a burial ground attests that the Romans conquered the area. Around year 1000, the town was conquered by Litolfo, son of Ottone I, who was interested in attacking Berengar II and Adalberto, that were Lords of the nearby island of San Giulio. Pella was fortified during the Middle Ages and was part of the domains of the Bishop of Novara, until the second half of the XVIII century, it was ceded to the Savoy.
- the Parish Church of St. John the Baptist in the village Alzo, dating from the XVII century, it features a single nave plan and four side chapels. The interior was decorated by the artists Valsesia, Bonini and Burlazzi in the XIX century;
- the Oratory of San Giulio in Ronco Sopra, surrounded by woods, is composed of three buildings built in different periods. Inside it preserves frescoes that date from the period between the late XV and the XVII century;
- the Church of St. Filiberto, built in 1039 and presents itself in Romanesque style, even though, over the centuries, it has been the subject of frequent rearrangements. Situated in a particularly impressive corner, by the lake, it features a massive Bell-tower with a square base, located at the back, with mullioned windows. The Parish consists of three buildings built in different periods. It presents 14 chapels of the Stations of the Cross dating from the XVIII century;
- the Parish Church of St Albino in the village Alzo, built the XVI century, underwent alterations in 1801 and enlarged a few years later. On that occasion, among other things, the entrance was embellished with an arcade. In 1877 the interior decorations were made by the painter Valtorta and it preserves a famous painting of the artist Peracino. The Bell Tower was built in 1936 to replace the original one;
- the Church of San Defendente in the district Ronco Sopra, features a single nave, decorated by the artist Albanesi;
- the XVI century Villa Durio features a courtyard with a porch painted;
- the XIX century monument entitled to the local Stonecutters;
- the Medieval Tower with lancet windows;
- the Roman bridge over the River Pellino.