Ora (Auer in German) is a small and really suggestive town in the province of Bolzano, along the so called Wine Route (Weinstraße), on the West side of the Adige Valley, at the mouth of the Great Dolomites Road. It is the ideal destination for lovers of long outdoor walks, even by mountain bike or horse; the old town is characterized by narrow streets lined with stone walls, historic residences in typical local style and the flowery balconies of the farms (masi).
The place name has Latin origins (from "ora", mening "margin") and is mentioned for the first time in 1190.
- the Church of San Pietro built on a XV century Gothic style structure and flanked by a XII century bell tower in Romanesque style. Inside it is possible to admire the oldest organ of the South Tyrol.
- the Ora Castle, set in the very heart of the historic town, today is a private residence and can be visited;
- Castelfeder, biotype and site of settlements and fortifications dationg back to the Prehistoric Age (a Raethian village) and the ruins of the Church of Santa Barbara.