Magliano in Toscana is located in the south of the province of Grosseto, in an area rich in Etruscan remains, such as Heba’s necropolis and the famous “Disco di Magliano”, now kept at the Archaeological Museum in Florence, thanks by which it has been possible to translate the ancient Etruscan language.
The city walls is one of the most complex and important of the Maremma area: the south-eastern part was realised during the Middle Age and were finished by the Aldobrandeschi counts in 1323, while the western part were realised by the Sienese Republic during the XV century.
The Church of Santissima Annunziata, founded on a pagan temple, was enlarged during the XV century, with the addition of frescoes and the anterior bay.
The Church of San Giovanni Battista, in Romanesque style with Gothic elements, has an elegant Renaissance style façade, realised in 1471; also the Church of San Martino, partially built during the XI century, is in Romanesque style. We also mention the XV century Palazzo del Potestà and the Palazzo di Checco il Bello, in late Gothic-Medieval style.