Forza d'Agrò is a small town in the province of Messina, located on the jonic coast of the Sicily region.
First information about the town dates back to 1117, when Vicum Agrillae (the original name of the village) was given to the Monastery of SS. Peter and Paul d'Agrò. The actual name dates back to the XIV century after having fortified the centre. The word Forza in fact derives from Latin Fortia, and means "fort", while the addition d'Agrò derives from Greek Agròs, and means "field".
The most interesting monuments are the Cathedral Church, built in '500 and later enlarged, the church of the Triade and the ruins of the castle of the XIV century rebuilt in 1595.